Istanbul Okan University is the first university which started first studies about the smart and connected vehicles and developed first autonomous vehicle OKANOM of Turkey. Transportation Technologies and Intelligent Automotive Systems Application and Research Center (TTIS) which is the one of the total of 12 university’s research centers, has been founded in 2009.
TTIS is contributing the country’s future by conducting research and develoment activities which are supported by EU, TÜBİTAK (Turkish Scientific and Technological Resaerch Council of Turkey) and in adddition TTIS is the only member of ERTICO-ITS (Europes Intellegent Transprotation System) from Turkey and also member of EGVIA (European Green Vehicles) in Turkey; TTIS at Istanbul Okan University carries out research and development activities in the areas of intelligent vehicles, ITS, other unmanned vehicles, robots, robot groups, advanced automotive technologies, electric transportation technologies, fuel cells, vehicle technologies that use solar cells, similar clean and renewable energies, development application of complicated simulation and virtual environments for Turkish automotive and automotive subsidiary industry. TTIS has approximetly 25 ( ??) academic staff with a wide variety of backgorund disciplines, including engineering, mathematics, medicine, sociology to undertake multidisciplinary research.
Center has two cluster projects ;
E-Hike (Innovative and Sustainable Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Technology Development and Clustering Center) and
E-Hike Link ( Innovative Intelligent and Communicating Vehicles Technology Development and Clustering Centre) which are funded by ISTKA -Istanbul Development Agency .
E-Hike - Innovative and Sustainable Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Technology Development and Clustering Center (e-Hike) was established in 2014 with the support of Istanbul Development Agency (İSTKA) and the partnership of TESİD-Turkish Electronics Manufacturers Association , YASAD -Software Industrialists Association and TAYSAD- Automotive Suppliers Association of Turkey .
A new project OPINA( Open Innovation Autonomous Vehicle Development and Testing Platform) funded by IPA has started in June 2020 . e-Hike and e-Hikelink Clusters will be combined under OPINA cluster and services will continue with considerable enhancement.
Project Objectives and Goals
Ya da: Project Objectives and Goals:
- Formation of a cluster with stakeholder companies
- Developing globally competitive products and services,
- Taking part in the electric and hybrid vehicle market with innovative products,
- To conduct research on a sustainable electric vehicle ecosystem and technologies,
- To develop innovative technologies,
- To support increase high technology sales and exports,
- To increase sustainability and environmental awareness.
(E-Hike) Research Areas:
In Electric Vehicles
- Innovative design
- Lightweight and safe low cost body
- Development of an energy management system
- Battery management system development
- Innovative battery design and cell development
- Innovative electrical machinery and power electronic systems design
- To gain the autonomous vehicle technology by communicating with each other and to spread it to our domestic industry.
(e-Hike) Computer Software for:
- Virtual Reality Analysis
- Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Crash and passive safety Analysis
- Weight and Shape Optimization
Hardware in The Loop System
•Electric Drive Simulation •Energy Management System Simulation •Battery Management System Simulation
(FULL AUTONOMOUS VEHİCLE)
•Signal generator and analyser
•Real time processor
•NVIDIA Drive PX